Topics Map > WiscMail / WiscMail Plus > Client configuration
WiscMail / WiscMail Plus (Android) - Configure Email Application
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
- Users have also referenced the following email client for Android devices: K9 Mail
- Important: WiscMail requires a secure connection. Some devices (depending on the version provided by the device vendor) are unable to connect via SSL. These clients will not work with WiscMail. K9 Mail is a functional replacement.
- Some of these settings may vary by device and version of Android.
Configure Android Email
- Make sure you have an active internet connection
- Go to Settings
- Select Accounts & Sync or Accounts, depending on your device
- Select Add Account
- For some Androids, you may need to select Other account. For other versions, select Email.
- Select Manual setup, then IMAP account if these option are available. You may need to enter your email address and password first.
Then, when prompted, use the following settings:
- Username: Wiscmail: NetID or WiscMail Plus: full email address
- Password: Enter the password for the account you are configuring
- Account type: IMAP (recommended) or POP/POP3
- Incoming (IMAP/POP) server: wiscmail.wisc.edu
- Port: 993 (for IMAP) or 995 (for POP/POP3)
- Security: SSL (or SSL/TLS)
- Account Type: IMAP (recommended) or POP
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtpauth.wiscmail.wisc.edu
- Port: 587 (recommended) or 465
- Security: STARTTLS or TLS (if available) or SSL
- Require sign-in: Yes
- When these settings are correctly configured, you should be able to open your device's Email application to view your email.