Topics Map > Web Conferencing
My UW System Portal - Setting up Web Conferences in the My UW System Portal
Faculty and staff can set up and manage web conferences directly from the My UW System portal and the My UW-Madison portal (the rest of this article will refer to My UW System, but applies equally to My UW-Madison). This document shows you how to set up a web conference in the portal and make it available for attendees.
Before You Get Started
- In the Session Name field, type the title of the conference.
- In the Start field, enter a date and time for the conference to begin.
- In the End field, enter the time and date for the conference to end. This must be within 1 year of the start time.
- Early Session Entry Period: Allows participants access to the session prior to the scheduled start time.
- Max Simultaneous Talkers: Specify the default number of individuals (Moderators and Participants) that can speak at the same time during a session (6 is the maximum). This setting can be changed by a Moderator during a session.
- Max Cameras: Specify the default number of individuals (Moderators and Participants) that can share video captured on their webcam during a session (6 is the maximum). This setting can be changed by a Moderator during a session.
- Private Chat Supervised: Allows all Moderators in the session to see any private chats that occur among the Participants.
- All Participants Have Full Permissions?: Allows all attendees, both Moderators and Participants, to have access to all of the tools in the session, such as the whiteboard, chat, audio/video, etc. The Moderator can disable access to specific tools for individuals or all Participants during the session.
- Raise Hand on Entry?: A visual indicator ("hand raise") and audible alert when someone enters the session.
- Recording Mode: Sessions can be recorded and viewed on-demand after completed. Selecting Manual requires the Moderator to initiate the recording and Automatic will record sessions immediately upon entry. We recommend Manual to allow the Moderator the option to determine when to begin the recording.
- Hide Names in Recordings: Hide the names of the attendees in recordings.
- Allow In-Session Invitations: Permit moderators to send email invitations to potential attendees while a session is in progress.
- My UW System Portal - About My UW System Portal Web Conferencing
- My UW System Portal - Attending My UW System Portal Web Conferences
- Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing - Getting Started
- Blackboard Collaborate - Training Resources for Web Conference Participants using Blackboard Collaborate
- Training Resources - for Web Conference Moderators using Blackboard Collaborate
- Training Resources for Blackboard Collaborate Users