Interactive Reporting - Saving a Web Client Query to Local Machine
You can save a query written in the Interactive Reporting Web Client (browser plug-in) to your local machine for later use or to share with others.
These instructions assume you have already logged into the Workspace and have been working with a query that you would like to save. For further instructions on these tasks see the following documents:
Interactive Reporting - Logging into Workspace
Interactive Reporting - Running a Query in the Workspace
Saving a Query
- While in the Interactive Reporting Web Client (browser plug-in), open the File menu and click Save As....
- Choose a file name and location for the query to be saved on your local machine. Note: The web client will ask for a file name and location each time you want to save.
- Click Save.
There are a couple ways to share queries:
1. If you want to share a query you have created with others, we recommend that you publish the query to the Interactive Reporting Workspace, which features remote storage and robust access control. If you are interested in publishing to the Workspace, you will need additional privileges. Please contact your campus administrator: Interactive Reporting - Campus Support Contact Information
2. If you are not interested in publishing to the Workspace you may also save the query to a shared LAN or attach the query to an email. You may want to create a 'Shared Queries' folder before you start. Then go to File-->Save As-->(Shared folder) and 'Save' the query. If you want to send someone the query you can then attach it to an email by finding it in this location. It is very important for security reasons that you do not save results sets with the query. Before you save the query to the Shared folder go to File-->Save Options-->Save Query Results With Document and un-check the boxes under Query Results.
If you have any questions please call the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 and select option 2.
- Interactive Reporting - Opening Local Query in Web Client
- Interactive Reporting - Migrating a Hyperion v8 Query to Interactive Reporting v11
- Interactive Reporting - Downloading and Installing Web Client Browser Plug-in
- Interactive Reporting - Running a Query in the Workspace
- Interactive Reporting - Logging into Workspace