Interactive Reporting - Opening Local Query in Web Client
If you have written a query using the Interactive Reporting Web Client (browser plug-in) and have saved the query to your local machine, follow these instructions to open the saved query in the web client.
- On your workstation, locate the query file (.bqy) that you want to open in the Interactive Reporting Web Client. Do not do anything with file yet, but keep it available as you continue to the next step. There have been recent problems when dragging a query from a place other than the desktop and dropping it into the Workspace. If your query won't open in the workspace try putting it on your desktop and dragging it to the Workspace from there.
- Log into the Interactive Reporting Workspace: Interactive Reporting - Logging into Workspace
- Drag the query file into the Workspace browser window.
- You will receive a message asking if you are sure you want to navigate away from the page. Click OK. The query should now be opened in the Interactive Reporting Web Client
- You may receive a warning that you are opening the query on a server of a different version. If this occurs, please follow the instructions here: Interactive Reporting - Migrating a Hyperion v8 Query to Interactive Reporting v11
Important Note: Only .BQY files that have been saved using the Interactive Reporting Web Client can be opened in this manner. BQY files that were saved using the Interactive Reporting Studio client cannot be opened using the Interactive Reporting Web Client.
If you have any questions please call the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 and select option 2.