Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor (TL)
TL - Clock In and Out With Web Clock (Employee)
This document explains how to clock in and out using the HRS web clock.
Employees using the HRS Web Clock will login through their MyUW Madision or MyUW System portal and enter their Start and End punches for each shift via the Web Clock.
- The Start and End punches for each shift worked
- Reported Time
- The ‘Auto Lunch’ deduction should only be used for punch exception employees.
There are two MyUW portals, MyUW Madison and MyUW System, which provide all UW employees access to their Personal, Time and Labor, Absence, Payroll, and Benefit information applications (app). Each app displays personalized employee information stored in the Human Resources System (HRS), as well as links to HRS-Self Service modules and Help information.
1a. UW-Madison: Employees can access the MyUW Madison portal at https://my.wisc.edu/ using their UW-Madison NETID username and password. On the MyUW Madison portal, the Web Clock can be accessed through the Time and Absence app.
1b. All UW: Employees can access the MyUW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/ using their UW Institutional ID username and password. On the MyUW System portal, the Web Clock can be accessed through the Web Clock link located at the top of the Time and Absence app.
2. If you have more than one job, you will be taken to a page requiring you to choose which job you want to enter time for. You should look at both the Job Description and Department Description columns to determine which job to pick. When you have found the job you want, click on the Job Description.
3. Click the Webclock link.
4. The Web Clock will appear.Select the appropriate punch type from the Punch Type drop down menu.
- In: Select "In" to clock in when you start your work shift.
- Out: Select "Out" to clock out when you are done with your work shift.
5. After selecting the appropriate Punch Type, click the Enter Punch button.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids