Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor (TL)
TL - Clock In and Out With Web Clock (Employee)
Video: Web Clock Entry
This document explains how to clock in and out using the HRS web clock.
For instructions on using the web clock when you have multiple jobs, see TL - Entering time via the Web Clock with Multiple Jobs (Employee).
Before using this guide, an employee should know the following:
- Campus login ID and password for My UW System Portal
1. Employees at all campuses except Madison will log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. UW-Madison employees will log in to the My UW Madison portal instead at https://my.wisc.edu. For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging in to My UW System Portal.
2. For employees at UW-Madison, the My UW-Madison home page opens. Click on the Work Record tab.
3. For non UW-Madison employees, the Work Record tab can be found on the far right hand side of the page.
4. On the Work Record dashboard, there will be a portlet for Time and Absence Entry. By clicking on the Time Entry tab, employees will be able to see the past dates they have worked, the status of the time they submitted for that date (approved, needs approval etc), and the total number of hours worked for that day.
5. To enter time, click on the Web Clock link below the Time Entry tab information.
6. Note: After clicking on the Webclock link, the Web Clock will appear.
7. Select the appropriate punch type from the Punch Type drop down menu.
- In: Select "In" to clock in when you start your work shift.
- Out: Select "Out" to clock out when you are done with your work shift.
8. Click the Enter Punch button after selecting the appropriate Punch Type.