The Learn@UW Navigation Bar gives users access to all of the various tools such as content, discussion, and grades. For this reason, any time an instructor wishes to use a tool in Learn@UW, they must first add it to the Navigation Bar.
1. Start by clicking on Course Admin in the drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then Edit Course.
2. Click on Navigation & Themes.
3. Click on Create Navbar. You must create a new navigation bar in order to add tools. Alternately, you can edit a navigation bar you have already created by click on its name.
4. Enter a name and (optionally) a description which you will use to identify your new Navigation bar.
5. If desired, click on Change Theme. Themes determine the overall look and feel of your course. Each theme shows a preview of the layout, along with a name and a description. Often, each theme will also show the date it was created. When possible, use the most current themes for your course. Click to select a theme and then click update.
6. The navigation bar links are divided into four separate areas.
a. To add a tool to a particular area, click Add Links in that section. A list of available tools will appear.
i. Click on the checkboxes next to the desired tool(s) to select them, then click Add.
b. To add a custom link (i.e. to an external website), click Create Custom Link.
ii. Enter a name, icon (optional), description (optional) and a URL for the link, or click on Quicklink to add a link to a particular file or resource.c. You can also add a link group to the navigation bar to create a new drop-down menu. For instructions, see Learn@UW - Using the Links Tool to Group Custom Links .
iii. When finished, click Create.
7. When finished configuring the new navigation bar, click Save and Close. The new navigation bar will appear in the list of available navigation bars.
|Keywords:||Learn@UW learnuw desire2learn d2l Adding Tool Course NavBar navigation bar activate enable edit course admin delete lost||Doc ID:||2200|
|Owner:||John T.||Group:||Learn@UW Madison|
|Created:||2003-08-28 18:00 CST||Updated:||2014-05-15 13:23 CST|
|Sites:||DoIT Help Desk, Learn@UW Madison|
|Feedback:||6 14 Comment Suggest a new document|